Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No seas pelangoche

Some people like to use language that's a little more "colorful"  to spice up everyday speech.  If you haven't guessed, I'm refering  to malas palabras (bad words) and Spanish has no shortage of them.  Especially Mexican Spanish.

Pelangoche is the word you use to describe someone who swears a lot.  Pelangocha if you're talking about a woman.

So our phrase, No seas pelangoche, translates to something like "Don't swear so much" or "Don't be so foul mouthed".   There's no exact translation, or at least not one that's coming to me right now, but I think you get the picture.

With that out of the way, I can move on to the next matter at hand.  "No seas pelangoche" is also the name of my new blog. 

My new blog is completely dedicated to the malas palabras of Mexican Spanish.  I take a very close up and personal look at the racier side of Spanish, and share everything I learn with you in a straight-foward,  matter-of -fact kind of way.  I'm not pulling any punches, so you can expect to see very explicit language in both English and Spanish. 

Now that I've gotten the disclaimer out of the way, here's the link to my new blog:

http://pelangoche.blogspot.com/

For those of you interested in that aspect of Spanish, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment