Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tiene el nopal en la cara

In today's post I'm bringing you yet another piece genuine Spanish I picked up from a conversation with a native speaker. But this post is going to be a little different.

A few days ago I decided to make a video of myself speaking Spanish and shared it with a few friends. One of those friends recommended that I post the video here on my blog. Well, needless to say I was (and still am) a bit reluctant, but with a little prodding, my amigo talked me into it. So, without further ado...

Tiene el nopal en la cara

I hope you enjoy the video. I must say getting in front of the camera was more difficult than I thought. If you like the idea of video entries, let me know, I'm toying with the idea of trying this again.

Also, making a video or audio recording of yourself speaking Spanish is a great exercise for improving your Spanish. It's quite an experience to hear yourself speak Spanish, and hear the mistakes you didn't realize you were making. And speaking of mistakes, I'll be posting a transcript of my video (in English and Spanish) which will correct the errors in my video.

Until then, ¡Hasta luego!

** You can find the transcript for the video here.

3 comments:

  1. I love it Rodney! Please keep them coming. I'll bet that you will learn twice as much and twice as fast this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bien hecho, Rodney. eres muy valiente en poner un video así en tu blog. quería decirte que disfruto mucho el blog y estoy aprendiendo de ello. Me gustaría saber con quién estudias español.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, llevo mas o menos 5 años aprendiendo español.

    Aprendí español en varias maneras, con unos cursos de audio y tomé clases por teléfono por casi dos años con una maestra excelente de méxico, y ahora tomo lecciones privado con otra maestra excelente de méxico. No sé por qué, pero tengo buena suerte con maestros de español.

    También he estado viajando a méxico 2 veces al año por casi 5 años.

    Y muchas gracias a los dos!

    ReplyDelete