Thursday, November 28, 2013

No me baja

If you don't know what a regla is, it's a ruler.  But that's not the only definition of regla, nor is it the definition we're here to talk about.

When you hear someone refer to la regla, it's a way of referring to the menstruation cycle, or el ciclo menstrual.  You can also say periodo menstrual.

La regla me vino por primera vez con 15
My period came for the first time when I was 15

No me viene la regla
My period didn't come

But just like in English, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Estoy en mis días
I'm on my period

Ando en mis días
I'm on my period

Está con la regla
She's on her period


 I'm on my period, don't talk to me

When it comes to talking about when "la regla" did or didn't arrive, you can use the verb venir like the examples above but there's also another very common option using the verb bajar.

No me baja
My period didn't start

Me bajó hace una semana
My period started a week ago


Me debía de haber bajado desde el día 21
My period should have started on the 21st


If you have 52 seconds, want to practice your listening skills and want a good laugh, then this video is for you.  Be sure to listen for the phrases we just talked about.



That's it for today!  I hope you all learned something and got a good laugh from the video.  And if for some reason you don't see the video on the page, click here to watch it in YouTube.

¡Hasta la próxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment